Console & Listening Area
The heart of the studio is here. This is where you can listen to what has or is being tracked. It's just a few steps away from from the live room.
Instant feedback and response time to change is one of the most important parts of recording. With our open room philosophy, change can be dynamic
and conversations can happen without the need for additional monitoring or headphones which can sometimes block the dynamic coversations that need
to happen in a studio environment.
Computer and Network
The heart of a modern recording system is the computer system and its network. Soundhammer owns a custom-built Intel 990 Extreme i7 computer system that is whisper quite and
with water cooling. It supports up to 64 simultaneous inputs with enough processing power to host endless software plugins and virtual machines as needed.
All power supply's host automatic voltage leveling, ground isolation and surge protection through a professional-grade electrical supply system.
The main system's digital conversions are performed exclusivly off the new Presonus recallable XMAX V2 class A analog mic preamps. These new XMAX 2 preamps are amazing on stand
on thier own and offer a very natural sound while not adding noise. They are as good as they come.
Soundhammer uses Steinberg Cubase 8.2 Pro along with WaveLab 9.0 exclusively as our DAW software packages of choice. The studio has a greate on-going relationship
with Steinberg and it's various studio recording products.
Soundhammer Studio owns and implements custom (per-spec), highly modified, preamps and compressor units. We strive to obtain the best sounds, colors and vibes for its clients.
All of the preamps used at Soundhammer Studios have had the internal parts replaced and or modified by some of the top names in the business. These mofications
bring boutique sounds and improvement of sound to it's clients. Much of our preamps host interchangable components such as tubes and input and output OpAmps. Soundhammer has a selction of
prized OpAmps and tubes in its facility to dial in unique colors along with sought-after vintage sounds.
- Universal Audio LA-610 Tube Preamp
- Universal Audio 710 Tube Twin-Finity Preamp
- Golden Age Pre-73 MKII Preamp (Customized by ReviveAudio with Carnhill transformers, Panasonic and Motorolla caps)
- Grace M1010 Preamp (Stereo Pair)
- Warm Audio TB12 Tone Beast Preamps (stereo pair)
- Warm Audio WA76 F.E.T Compressors (Stereo Pair)
- Warm Audio LA2 Tube Compressors (Stereo Pair)
- Warm Audio EQP-WA Tube EQ's (Stereo Pair)
- LINDELL X18s Preamps
- LINDELL X17s Compressors
- ART MPAII Reference Series Dual Channel Tube Preamp
- ART VLAII Dual Channel Tube Compressor
- Presonus 8-channel M80 (in-house custom Jensen JT-11K8-APC and Burr Brown OPA627 opamp mods)
- Presonus XMAX V2 Preamps (64 total)
Software & Plugins
Soundhammer uses fully licensed software products. We host hundreds of plugins, virtual synths, and effects from the many vendors.
Our software list is huge, here are just a few vendors and products.
- Steinberg Cubase 9 Pro DAW Software
- Steinberg WaveLab 9 Pro DAW Software
- WAVES V9 Plugins (Platinum, Gold, API bundle, SSL bundle, etc. Huge collection)
- IKMultimedia Amplitube Guitar Amp Modeler
- Scuffham Amp Modeler
- Audified Amp Modeler
- Native Instruments
- Audified Amp Modeler
- Plektron Amp plugins.
- Plugin Alliance Amp Modelers
- Plugin Alliance Audio
- Peavey Revalver Guitar Amp Modeler
- Anteres Audio
- SoundToyz Audio Plugins
- Fab Filter Audio Plugins
Soundhammer has a vast collection of modern and vintage micropohones. Our collection includes such micropones as:
- 1969 Nuemann U87
- AKG C414EB (Vintage Silver, with original vintage capsules)
- AKG D112 (Stereo pair)
- Audio Technica 4033A (Stereo pair)
- AKG 350 Pro Condensors Clip Mics (several for Sax, Piano, Violins, Double Bass, etc)
- Sennhieser MD441U (Stereo pair)
- Sennhieser 421 (Stereo pair)
- Sennhieser e906 (Stereo pair)
- Sennhieser e609 (Stereo pair)
- Shure SM7b
- Shure SM57 (many)
- Shure SM58 (many)
- Shure SM81 (Several)
- Sure KSM44
- Electro Voice RE20 (stereo pair)
- Electro Voice ND/468 (stereo pair)
- Cascade Fathead II (Stereo pair) with Lindahl Transformers)
- Audio Technica AT813 (stereo pair)
- Lewitt LCT 550 with 0db self-noise (Stereo pair)
- Golden Age R1 Active Tube Ribbon
- Custom Russian Royer 121 builds (Stereo pair)
- Modified MXL V95 (Stereo pair)
- Modified Apex 420 (Custom Capped Stereo pair)